We are seeking highly motivated and skilled individuals to join our team as Pilot Plant Technicians. This role is essential for maintaining the functionality of day-to-day operations at Altilium’s Pilot Plant. You will be responsible for developing industrial processes to recycle ‘black mass’ macerated spent EV battery material) using hydrometallurgy techniques with the aim of producing raw materials that can be proven to be of suitable quality to filter back into the EV industry. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, skilled, demonstrate precision in adhering to HS&E protocols, and exhibit keen attention to detail throughout work activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate chemical processing equipment.
- Handle chemicals during the unloading from vehicles, decanting and transferring to storage.
- Exercise precise control over chemical inventories, ensuring accurate record keeping
- Perform the addition and extraction of outputs from chemical multi-phases into the hydrometallurgy process.
- Conduct sampling of liquid phases at various stages throughout the hydrometallurgy process.
What You’ll Bring:
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrated COSHH experience and understanding.
- Proven manual handling experience.
- Familiarity with chemical sampling and small-scale industrial process interaction.
- Proficiency in forklift operations.
- Knowledge of LOLER
- Competency in confined space operations (valid certification preferred)
- Understanding of emergency procedures.
- Active participation in emergency response protocols.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Familiarity of implementing RAMS.
- Experience in working with Permit to Work systems.
- First Aid Trained (Preferred)
- Valid UK Driving License (Preferred)
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.