We are seeking an experienced Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management Specialist. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with evolving regulations, manage risk and develop sustainable business practices. If you are a forward-thinking professional passionate about compliance and risk management, join our team and contribute to excellence in the mining and battery industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Stay abreast of the evolving regulatory landscape related to mining, battery production, and environmental standards in the UK and Medet, Bulgaria.
- Ensure that the company complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Identify and assess risks associated with mining and processing operations, battery production, and other business activities.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to minimize potential threats to the company.
- Establish and maintain a risk management framework to regularly evaluate and update risk profiles.
Environmental and Social Responsibility:
- Oversee compliance with environmental regulations and standards, ensuring sustainable and responsible business practices.
- Address social and ethical considerations related to mining and battery production, promoting corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Implement and maintain internal control systems to prevent, detect and mitigate potential compliance and risk issues.
- Organise periodic internal audits to assess the effectiveness of controls and identify areas for improvement.
Policy Development and Training:
- Develop and communicate compliance policies and procedures to employees, ensuring awareness and adherence.
- Provide training programs to employees on compliance and risk management best practices.
- Conduct due diligence on suppliers, business partners, and other entities to ensure they meet compliance and risk management standards.
- Prepare regular reports for senior management and the board of directors on compliance and risk management activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Extensive experience in a previous stand-alone risk management/compliance role.
- A legal background or familiarity with legal frameworks affecting the industry, including contract law, data protection and anti-corruption laws.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant industry regulations and standards including unique risks and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of financial implications related to risk management and compliance activities.
- Highly analytical for complex data analysis, assessing potential risks and making informed decisions.
- A bachelors degree in a relevant field (business, law, finance, or a related discipline).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey complex compliance and risk-related information to various stakeholders.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, considering both short-term and long-term implications.
- High ethical standards and the ability to uphold the organisation’s integrity.
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.