We are seeking an experienced Grant Writer to join our team in the field of Electric Vehicle (EV) battery recycling. The successful candidate will have a strong background in securing grants from UK government bodies such as the Faraday Battery Challenge, SMART-Innovate UK, and the Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC). This role is pivotal in supporting our efforts to advance sustainable practices in the EV industry and contribute to the circular economy.
What You’ll Do:
- Grant Identification: Research and identify relevant grant opportunities offered by the Faraday Battery Challenge, SMART, Innovate UK, and APC that align with our EV battery recycling initiatives.
- Proposal Development: Lead the development of comprehensive and compelling grant proposals, ensuring alignment with project objectives, timelines, and budgetary requirements.
- Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams, including research and development, engineering, finance, and project management, to gather information and insights necessary for proposal development.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that all grant proposals adhere to the guidelines and regulations set forth by the granting bodies, including compliance with environmental and sustainability standards.
- Grant Submission: Manage the end-to-end process of grant submission, including preparing all required documentation, coordinating with relevant stakeholders, and meeting submission deadlines.
- Relationship Building: Cultivate and maintain relationships with key contacts within government agencies and granting bodies to enhance our standing in securing future grants.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor progress on funded projects, provide regular updates to stakeholders, and prepare comprehensive reports as required by grant agreements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree: In a relevant field such as business, environmental science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- Grant Writing Experience: Proven track record of successful grant writing, particularly with UK government bodies like the Faraday Battery Challenge, SMART, Innovate UK, and APC.
- Knowledge of EV Battery Recycling: Familiarity with the challenges and advancements in EV battery recycling is highly desirable.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey technical and project-related information.
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines and milestones are met.
- Team Collaboration: Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to gather information and insights for grant proposals.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills to assess the feasibility and impact of proposed projects.
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.