As the Environmental Supervisor at Altilium Clean Technologies, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining our Environmental Management System and maintaining the highest standards in our hydrometallurgical recycling processes. You will support the SHEQ Manager in creating and implementing Environmental policies and procedures, fostering a culture of collective responsibility, continuous improvement and sustainability within the organisation and amongst partners.
What You’ll Do:
Environmental Management System EnMS:
- Support the SHEQ Manager to ensure compliance with the permit requirements for high-risk waste on site.
- Create policies, procedures and risk assessments as part of the EnMS, communicating changes to relevant staff.
- Plan and conduct internal audits according to schedule, evaluating compliance to the EnMS Manual and report audit findings to the SHEQ Manager.
- To implement the internal Non-Conformance system and ensure that actions are instigated and followed up in a timely manner.
- Sample and submit for testing, record results and report on environmental samples such as air and water emissions.
Training and Communication:
- Maintain training requirements with the authorisation of the SHEQ Manager or CTO communicating changes to relevant staff.
- Issue the necessary training forms prior to the training commencing and ensure completed before filing in the individual’s Training Records.
- Provide training to new employees in quality policies and procedures.
- Communicate new and updated policies and procedures in line with the EnMS to all relevant staff.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and sustainability.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Alignment of systems, processes and practices with ISO standards for future accreditation.
- Maintain comprehensive records and documentation related environmental activities.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on the performance of the EnMS to senior management.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant regulations and standards (e.g. ISO 14001, 45001, 9001) and auditing procedures.
- EPOC, WAMITAB or other equivalent certification.
- Understanding of safe working practises.
- Strong interdisciplinary communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making abilities.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.