Develop and implement efficient discharging, disassembly and separation processes for Lithium-ion EV batteries.
Altilium is a leading battery recycling business committed to sustainable practices. We are at the forefront of the green revolution, specialising in the recycling of Electric Vehicle (EV) batteries. As part of our expansion into the processing of old EV batteries and production scrap, we are seeking an experienced Battery Process Engineering Manager to lead and oversee the establishment of an EV battery black mass line. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing discharging, disassembly, and separation processes, ensuring the safety of operations, and contributing to the success of our recycling initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
Battery Recycling Line Build:
- Manage technical data on battery packs and ensure accurate logging of disassembly activities.
- Purchasing and scoping of equipment for EV battery recycling.
- Oversee day-to-day workshop tasks related to disassembly, repair, and loading of export containers.
- Conduct assessments on scrapped or damaged Lithium-Ion EV batteries for safe disassembly.
Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure all disassembly activities adhere to safety protocols, and conduct assessments on potentially hazardous battery packs.
- Calibrate and maintain High Voltage equipment, ensuring compliance with safety standards.
- Utilise company IT systems to confirm the safety of new lithium-Ion collections entering the premises.
Inventory Control and Reporting:
- Conduct stock control, pack and move output products, and generate monthly stock reports.
- Prepare documents for weekly management meetings, providing insights into stock levels and disassembly figures.
Team Collaboration and Support:
- Work collaboratively with the EV team, providing support to the Senior Battery Support Engineer and assisting the team as needed.
- Act as a safety operative for High Voltage and live working jobs, promoting a culture of safety and adherence to HSE standards.
- Manage the movement of critical containers into the yard through coordination with external companies.
- Foster good employee relations with other departments, adhering to company policies and procedures.
Leadership and Safety Advocacy:
- Lead by example in promoting a safety-first culture within the team.
- Insist on adherence to Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) standards and communicate effectively with the team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing battery disassembly processes, especially in EV batteries.
- Familiarity with High Voltage equipment calibration and safety standards.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.