As an experienced Process Engineer, you will be responsible for the process design, operation and implementation of our Battery Waste Recycling Process at our Demonstration Plant in Devon, and for our future scale up at the Group’s Hydrometallurgical Plant in Europe.
Playing a crucial role in driving forward full battery circularity for EV Lithium-ion batteries in the UK and Europe, you’ll be able to implement and improve the recycling processes in order to maintain efficiency and safety, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Perform process simulations
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related field. A Master’s or Ph.D. is desirable
- Experience gained in a Process, Chemical or Materials Engineering role (not necessarily related to Lithium-ion batteries)
- Solid understanding of hydrometallurgical principles, processes and safety procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and present findings effectively.
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.