Altilium is a pioneering leader in sustainable and innovative recycling solutions for end-of-life electric vehicle (EV) lithium-ion batteries. Committed to environmental stewardship and technological advancement, we are embarking on a significant retrofit of our state-of-the-art SX-EW plant.
As the Health and Safety Manager for the retrofit of our SX-EW plant, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing health and safety programs, policies, and procedures. Your primary goal is to create a safe work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors while ensuring compliance with relevant safety regulations and standards.
What You’ll Do:
Safety Program Development:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive health and safety program tailored to the SX-EW plant retrofit project
- Establish safety policies and procedures in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and industry best practices.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Identify potential safety hazards and assess risks associated with retrofit activities
- Develop strategies and action plans to mitigate identified risks.
Training and Education:
- Conduct safety training for all project personnel, including employees and contractors
- Ensure that employees are knowledgeable about safety protocols and practices.
Safety Inspections and Audits:
- Regularly inspect the work site to identify and rectify safety hazards and non-compliance issues
- Perform safety audits to evaluate the effectiveness of safety programs.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, near-misses, and injuries to determine root causes and recommend preventive measures
- Maintain incident records and report findings to management.
Emergency Response Planning:
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans and procedures for various scenarios (e.g., chemical spills, fires, medical emergencies)
- Conduct emergency drills and exercises.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations, permits, and licenses
- Stay updated on changes in safety laws and regulations.
Safety Culture Promotion:
- Foster a strong safety culture by promoting awareness, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Encourage employee involvement in safety initiatives.
- Prepare and submit safety reports to management and regulatory authorities as required
- Monitor and report on safety performance metrics.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health, or a related field
- Proven experience in managing health and safety programs in industrial settings, especially mining or metallurgical operations
- Strong knowledge of relevant safety regulations, standards, and best practices
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience with SX-EW plant operations and retrofits would be a plus
- Familiarity with chemical handling and hazardous materials management is preferred
- First aid and CPR certification.
Altilium is a UK-based clean technology group supporting the transformation of the global energy sector from fossil-based to zero-carbon.
Our vision is for a circular and domestic EV battery supply chain, where the critical minerals powering the energy transition are safely recovered from recycling end-of-life EV batteries and mine tailings, saving natural resources and reducing mining.
We are developing the green processing technologies and building at-scale recycling infrastructure to decarbonise the automotive supply chain, providing the lowest carbon, most eco-friendly battery materials for a cleaner transport future.
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of the sixth wave industrial revolution, providing circular energy solutions to the UK and Europe as part of a global team.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. We love that everyone brings different perspectives and experiences.
We strive to eliminate any barriers that might prevent individuals from showcasing their skills and qualifications. If you require adjustments at any stage of the application process or to the role, please let us know and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.